As one of the most popular holiday destinations of the world, Greece has built up its reputation with its stunning beauty and fascinating culture. A culture that has spanned centuries and is a captivating blend of history and mythology.
Ancient wonders of architecture like the Parthenon and Delphi have withstood the ravages of time to tell their stories to the world. The dignity of these magnificent structures presents a remarkable contrast to Greece’s modern holiday culture that is alive with food, music and adventure.
The white-washed houses of Santorini set against the deep blue waters of the Aegean is a soul-stirring sight. Navigating the maze of tiny streets and whitewashed step lanes of Mykonos is an adventure in itself. The spectacular medieval ruins of Mystras offer you a peek into the Byzantine way of life back in the 14th and 15th centuries.
The Samaria Gorge will take you back hundreds of years as you trek the 16-lm-long canyon. The path, lined with ancient Cypresses and Pines, passes between vertical cliffs through the mountains. You must not miss the soaring rock pillars of Meteora and its collection of six monasteries built atop the pillars.
The other things you cannot miss in Greece are its beaches. The very soul of a quintessential Greek holiday, these beaches come alive with parties and water sports during the peak season. Let’s take a headlong dive and explore the hidden depths of Greece Tourism.
Interesting Facts About Greece:
- Greece is considered as the world’s first democracy.
- With 300 days of sunshine in a year, Greece is one of the sunniest countries in the world.
- Around 80% of Greece is made up of mountains.
- Greece has more than 2000 islands, of which only 170 are inhabited.
- More than 40% of Greece’s population stays in the capital, Athens.
- Ikaria is one of the world’s few ‘Blue Zones’ where people enjoy a longer average lifespan.
- Breaking plates is a tradition at Greek weddings.
- During summer, there are more tourists in Greece than local residents.
- Greece’s real name is actually Hellenic Republic or Hellas.
- Greece has the maximum number of archeological museums as compared to other countries.
To Travel Greece you need tourist visa, To know more click Visa
|Languages spoken||Greek, English|
|Area (km2)||1,31,957 sq. km.|
Greece has very vibrant and colorful nightlife, It has many beautiful and amazing night attractions for tourists of all types, lots of local cuisines and beverages available for your tastebuds and it is very popular for high quality grape wines.
Unfortunately no accommodations were found.
Discover Greece Tour PackageGreece
event Jan - 31 March, 2020
schedule 4 Night & 5 days
Gorgeous Greece Tour PackageAthens,Santorini, Mykonos
event April - December 2023
schedule 6 Night & 7 days
Greek Classic Tour PackageAthens, Santorini
event Jan - 30 April, 2022
schedule 4 Night & 5 days
Short Greece (Athens) Tour PackageAthens, Greece
event Jan - March, 2020
schedule 2 Night & 3 days
Unfortunately no cruises were found.
Unfortunately no car rentals were found.